Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging is sponsoring a Senior Safety Expo on September 21, 2017 from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. They need 3 volunteers to run their safety games at this event. If anyone is interested please call me at 540-536-1600 or email me at email@example.com
AbbaCare's fall banquet is a major fundraiser for their organization. The banquet seats 560 people at 70 tables. The event is at 7pm, Thursday, September 21, at Fellowship Bible Church on Middle Road. 5 adults are needed to arrive at 8:45 (at the conclusion of the banquet) to :
- Clear off tables. Glasses and silverware are kept. Centerpieces are kept. Just about everything else is thrown away.
- Glass goblets are emptied and put back into their cases for pick-up.
- Silverware is put into large bins and is washed later by another crew.
- Tables are broken down and stacked.
- Chairs are stacked in 8s and dollied into a storage closet.
- The room used for the banquet is vacuumed.
- A serving room across the hall is also cleaned up and returned to its previous condition.
- Filled trash bags are taken to the dumpster in the parking lot. (There
- is a large, wheeled janitorial cart/bin that holds many bags to facilitate this.) We are typically finished in 2 hours.
- There will be at least 1 coordinator on duty to make sure everyone knows what needs to be done.
- If interested please call Mary Falu @540-536-1600 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org